Cara Turano is the President and Executive Director of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN), which helps entrepreneurs acquire capital to develop their businesses. As the Former COO of the Technology Association of Oregon, she has spent over 20 years in technology-related companies, including startups. As a non-profit executive and active community leader, Cara has been recognized as an Atlanta Business Chronicle 40 Under 40.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Cara Turano’s inspiration for joining Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
- The value of entrepreneurial networks — and how to unify entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds
- Cara talks about the barriers to obtaining business funding
- Processes for securing investment capital
- How to become an investor and systematize risk
- Cara defines angel investing and shares investor success stories
- OEN’s vision for the future
In this episode:
Entrepreneurship is a rewarding process with opportunities for personal and financial freedom and relationship building. Yet, for many founders of emerging startups, access to capital is limited. How can you obtain adequate funding and invest in other startups to fuel systematic community growth?
As an advocate for entrepreneurship and community leadership, Cara Turano understands that not all funding is accessible and requires a process-oriented approach to obtain. Therefore, it’s essential to identify investors’ priorities and align your vision with the appropriate financer. Cara recommends joining angel investing programs and networks to assess competition in the market, partner with multiple investment businesses, and invest in angel funds to give back to your community.
In this episode of Systems Simplified, Adi Klevit sits down with Cara Turano, President and Executive Director of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, to discuss how to obtain and create access to capital for startups. Cara shares processes for securing funding, how to unify entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds through networking, and how to systematize risk as an investor.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Cara Turano on LinkedIn
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
- “Experiential Systems for Multi-Business Success With Travis Luther” on Systems Simplified
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.