Greg Tomchick is a Partner and CISO (chief information security officer) at Valor Cybersecurity, which helps small to medium-sized businesses simplify and address cybersecurity threats. As a former professional athlete, entrepreneur, and cyber attack victim, he focuses on mitigating cyber threats and countering attacks with targeted and strategic responses. Greg is the host of The Connected Mindset podcast and the author of Growing Into You.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Greg Tomchick’s evolution from a professional baseball player to an entrepreneur
- What are the similarities between athletes and business owners?
- The systems for cultivating self-discipline
- Greg shares the turning point leading to his interest in cybersecurity
- Companies’ key cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- How to develop processes to protect against cyber attacks
In this episode:
Entrepreneurs possess a unique discipline to identify and execute their strengths, endure failure, and develop systems to maintain success. But what happens when the fruits of your labor are compromised during a cyber attack? How can you prevent and mitigate threats to your business?
All business owners must prioritize their endeavors based on objectives, culture, and values. For pro athlete turned entrepreneur, Greg Tomchick, cybersecurity is a fundamental component shaping all other business ventures. This form of protection extends beyond traditional notions of digital security and involves a holistic process. Assessing core systems and processes allows you to recognize risks associated with your digital footprint, whereas identifying and enforcing your culture mitigates internal threats. It’s also critical to allocate and safeguard your resources.
Join Adi Klevit in this episode of Systems Simplified as she welcomes Greg Tomchick, a Partner and CISO at Valor Cybersecurity, who shares comprehensive cybersecurity processes for disciplined entrepreneurs. Greg explains the similarities between entrepreneurs and professional athletes, companies’ main cybersecurity vulnerabilities, and how to protect against cyber attacks.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Greg Tomchick on LinkedIn
- Valor Cybersecurity
- Valor Cybersecurity Assessment
- The Connected Mindset podcast
- Growing Into You: The Journey to Living On Purpose by Greg Tomchick and Bryce Herman
- “Building a Business and Life by Design with Russell Benaroya” on Systems Simplified
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.