Odette D’Aniello is the Founder and CEO of Celebrity Cake Studio, a family-owned and operated retail cake boutique. The company has received numerous awards, including winning Best of Western Washington several times. Odette creates custom, artistic cakes that combine the aesthetic of taste with beauty. She is also the Owner of Dragonfly Cakes, the wholesale sister company to Celebrity Cake Studio, which designs, develops, and manufactures delicious handmade and clean-label petit fours (little cakes covered in decadent chocolate), tea cakes, and mini desserts.
Additionally, Odette is involved in various other areas, including being a US West Accelerator Expert for the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, the Owner of True Nature Distribution LLC, and the Managing Partner for 26th St Holdings.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Odette D’Aniello’s background and how she started in the bakery business
- Why Odette pivoted her business and acquires other businesses to expand her company
- How Odette uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Odette’s strategy for creating a company culture and merging creativity with systems and processes
- How Odette’s kids help at Celebrity Cake Studio
- The benefits of surrounding yourself with competent advisors
- Odette shares her future business plans
In this episode:
If you are a creative entrepreneur, how can you incorporate systems and processes into your business? Which structures can you develop to make your business thrive?
For Odette D’Aniello, having boundaries has been critical in preventing chaos in her business. She uses daily checklists and routines, surrounds herself with trusted people who keep her in check, and learns from her mistakes. Systems and processes have helped Odette make better decisions and successfully integrate creativity into the business.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit is joined by Odette D’Aniello, the Founder and CEO of Celebrity Cake Studio, to talk about systems and processes for creative entrepreneurs. Odette explains how she uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) in her business, how she merges creativity with systems and processes, and shares her strategy for creating a great company culture.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Celebrity Cake Studio
- Dragonfly Cakes
- Odette D’Aniello on LinkedIn
- Amy Morin – EOS Implementer
- The Bootstrapper’s Bible: How to Start and Build a Business With a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money by Seth Godin
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.