Carl Smith is the Owner of the Bureau of Digital, a community made up of digital leaders. Carl spent 14 years in digital marketing before launching his first digital agency, nGen Works, which he ran for over a decade. He was introduced to the Bureau of Digital while running his agency and, in the process, fell in love with connecting digital marketers and building a community in the industry. A few years later, he took over the Bureau of Digital, and he now spends every day connecting with digital professionals to give them the support they need.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Carl Smith talks about the Bureau of Digital and how it has evolved over the years
- How the Bureau of Digital has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- What should digital professionals expect when joining the Bureau, and what is the membership policy?
- How Carl uses systems in his business
- What prevents businesses from creating systems and documenting their processes?
- How Carl overcame the challenges of not having efficient systems in his business
- Where to learn more about the Bureau of Digital
In this episode:
What are your thoughts on using systems and documenting processes in your business? Do you see them as a hindrance from your core business functions? Are you hesitant to implement them for fear of changing too much too quickly?
As Carl Smith built and grew his digital agency, he viewed systems as unnecessary because of the frequent changes that were happening in his industry. Carl and his team preferred moving with those changes in a bid to stay up-to-date with their competitors, and this prevented them from documenting their processes. Eventually, however, they realized the value of implementing efficient systems and overcame the challenges in their business by creating, documenting, and consistently updating their processes.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit interviews Carl Smith, the Owner of the Bureau of Digital, about how he uses systems to build a community of digital leaders. Carl discusses his introduction to the Bureau of Digital, how the community has evolved over the past few years, and the efficient systems and processes that help the community thrive. Stay tuned.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Carl Smith on LinkedIn
- Bureau of Digital
- Bureau of Digital Membership
- John Corcoran on LinkedIn
- Lori Gold Patterson on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.