Emma Dye is the Founder and Chief Salad Officer of Crisp Salad Restaurant, a chain of restaurants in Portland, Oregon, that offers chopped-to-order salads, fabulous soups, wine, beer, Prosecco, and other goodies. She has created a company culture of respect and inclusivity by building a diverse team and providing a safe and fun environment for her employees. She donates 10% of her company’s sales to a local nonprofit every month. Emma was recognized as Restaurateur of the Year for 2022 by the Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Emma Dye talks about being named the Restaurateur of the Year 2022
- How and why Emma started Crisp Salad Restaurant
- Best practices for hiring and retaining employees in the service industry
- How Emma leverages technology to create business systems
- The future of technology and automation in the restaurant industry
- Emma’s plans for Crisp Salad Restaurant
In this episode:
How can you use technology and automation to provide a better customer experience? What can technology do to promote a great company culture?
Technology offers great tools and opportunities to help companies improve their systems and processes. Being an early adopter of technology allowed Emma Dye to put in place systems for placing online orders and delivering products to her customers. In turn, it helped her create a better customer experience, and her business benefits through high accuracy, fast delivery of services, and increased efficiency among her employees.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit interviews Emma Dye, the Founder and Chief Salad Officer of Crisp Salad Restaurant, about how to leverage technology to create systems in the service industry. Emma also talks about building her company’s culture, tips for hiring and retaining great employees, and the future of technology in the restaurant industry.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Crisp Salad Restaurant
- Crisp Salad Restaurant Online Ordering
- Emma Dye on LinkedIn
- The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You’ve Always Wanted by Kimberly Snyder
- The Beauty Detox Power: Nourish Your Mind and Body for Weight Loss and Discover True Joy by Kimberly Snyder
- Michael Macfarlane on LinkedIn
- WorkSource Oregon
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.