Kate Winkler is the CEO of Ruby, a leading provider of live virtual receptionists and 24/7 chat services. The company’s mission is to help small businesses make real, meaningful human connections with their customers. Kate took over Ruby’s leadership from its founder, Jill Nelson, in 2019. She has been in the technology sector for over 25 years and has held many C-level positions, successfully guiding both small and large businesses through various stages of growth. Throughout her career, Kate has helped over 75 companies build and capture over $4 billion in enterprise value.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Kate Winkler became the CEO of Ruby and how the company adapted to working remotely
- The pros and cons of managing a remote team of over 800 employees
- The strategies Ruby uses to attract high-quality receptionists
- How Ruby supports small businesses and how Kate maintains their company culture
- Kate’s advice for managing a leadership team and maintaining accountability in a virtual environment
- How to use scorecards and KPIs to analyze the efficiency of your processes and procedures
In this episode:
Small businesses are the drivers of great communities. They provide employment to many talented people, nurture great leaders, and drive the nation’s economy.
However, changes in the work environment both internally and externally can have a big impact on the success of small businesses. So what can be done to help such businesses grow and achieve their objectives in an evolving business world?
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit is joined by Kate Winkler, the CEO of Ruby, to talk about how her company helps small businesses grow and build their brands. Kate shares her advice on managing a remote leadership team, maintaining accountability in a virtual environment, and using scorecards and KPIs to analyze the efficiency of your processes and procedures. Stay tuned.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Kate Winkler on LinkedIn
- Jill Nelson on LinkedIn
- Microsoft Teams
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.