Michèle Hecken is an executive coach, serial entrepreneur, author, and speaker. She has over 25 years of experience running Alpha Translations Canada Inc., a global translation company she started when she was 23. Michèle has also been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) for more than a decade. She successfully scaled her company before offboarding herself and selling it in 2019.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Michèle Hecken shares her catalyst for launching a business at age 23
- The importance of granting yourself permission to evolve your role
- How to customize processes to align with business goals
- Michèle’s five-step offboarding process
In this episode:
Michael E. Gerber coined the phrase “work on your business, not in it,” but what does this actually mean? Many entrepreneurs structure businesses around their skills, leaving little room for freedom and a work-life balance. So how can you create the life and business you desire?
Michèle Hecken has developed a proprietary offboarding process that reaches beyond mere task delegation. The approach begins by permitting yourself to relinquish your responsibilities. Fully offboarding yourself entails developing a vision for your life and business by discovering your passions, examining the status quo to implement company-wide change, providing executives with authority, accountability, and responsibility, and optimizing profits.
Tune in to this episode of Systems Simplified as Adi Klevit interviews executive coach and serial entrepreneur Michèle Hecken about offboarding yourself from your business. Michèle speaks about her motivation for launching a business at age 23, how to customize processes to align with business goals, and her step-by-step offboarding process.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Michèle Hecken’s Website | LinkedIn
- Michèle Hecken’s email: email@example.com
- Marina Byezhanova on LinkedIn
- Brand of a Leader
- “Systematizing Personal Branding With Marina Byezhanova” on Systems Simplified
- “Processes for Unleashing the Power of Your Second in Command With Cameron Herold” on Systems Simplified
- “Ownership Succession: The Process of Transferring a Company to Management With Byron McFarland” on Systems Simplified
- The Second in Command: Unleash the Power of Your COO by Cameron Herold
- Verne Harnish on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.