Steven Hoffman, aka Captain Hoff, is the Founder and CEO of Founders Space, a global startup incubator and accelerator for entrepreneurs. He is also a venture investor, serial entrepreneur, and author of several award-winning books, including Make Elephants Fly, Surviving a Startup, and The Five Forces That Change Everything. Previously, Steven was the Founder and Chairman of the Producers Guild Silicon Valley Chapter, served on the Board of Governors of the New Media Council, and was a founding member of the Academy of Television’s Interactive Media Group.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Steven Hoffman talks about his background as an entrepreneur and his award-winning books
- The processes and systems entrepreneurs need to build a thriving startup
- What can startups do to balance limited finances with hiring great employees?
- Steven’s tips for finding your great business idea
- Why entrepreneurs should start building their products quickly and cheaply
- The value of measuring customers’ engagement with a new product
- Steven shares his advice to entrepreneurs who feel like quitting
- Raising funds for your startup and creating relationships with investors
- How did the name Captain Hoff come about?
In this episode:
Is there a secret sauce to building a thriving startup? What can entrepreneurs do to navigate the difficult process of creating a business from the ground up?
To create a successful startup, an entrepreneur needs to find business partners, hire their first and future employees, and innovate great products. They also need to know how to engage with investors, get funding for the business, and evaluate the impact of their products on customers. So, how can you accomplish this successfully? By establishing and implementing key systems, you can ensure that your startup survives and thrives for the long term.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit is joined by Steven Hoffman, the Founder and CEO of Founders Space, to talk about the types of systems entrepreneurs need to create a thriving startup. Steven shares his tips for fundraising, hiring great employees, innovating and reiterating products, and staying the course through ups and downs. Stay tuned.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Founders Space
- Steven Hoffman on LinkedIn
- Make Elephants Fly: The Process of Radical Innovation by Steven Hoffman
- Surviving a Startup: Practical Strategies for Starting a Business, Overcoming Obstacles, and Coming Out on Top by Steven Hoffman
- The Five Forces That Change Everything: How Technology is Shaping Our Future by Steven Hoffman
- Dr. Jeremy Weisz on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.