Greg Crabtree, CPA, is the Founder of CRI Simple Numbers, a business profitability consulting and advisory firm providing tax and accounting services to entrepreneurs and businesses. As a serial entrepreneur, he founded Crabtree, Rowe & Berger, PC, an accounting firm focused on entrepreneurs’ business needs and growth strategies, which merged with CRI in 2019. Greg is the co-author of Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits, which covers core principles for building business wealth.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Greg Crabtree helps entrepreneurs and companies organize their finances
- The key financial metrics businesses should analyze
- Calculating gross profit margin
- Systems for optimizing price, productivity, and people
- Cash flow and labor efficiency processes
In this episode:
Most entrepreneurs aren’t financially savvy. When determining their company’s profitability, they often analyze inaccurate data without understanding its implications. What metrics should you evaluate to develop a simple system for scaling your business?
As a CPA and financial strategies expert, Greg Crabtree knows that focusing solely on revenue is futile. Instead, businesses must measure and optimize gross profit margins by calculating revenue and subtracting associated costs. Your ideal gross profit margin should be $2 for every dollar of labor, so you must maximize productivity and efficiency to maintain your profit goals. Greg recommends creating a system that incorporates these metrics for operational success.
Greg Crabtree, the Founder of CRI Simple Numbers, joins Adi Klevit in this episode of Systems Simplified for a conversation about gross profit margins. Greg talks about the importance of optimizing price, productivity, and people, his processes for increasing cash flow and labor efficiency, and fundamental financial metrics.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Greg Crabtree on LinkedIn
- CRI Simple Numbers
- Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential by Greg Crabtree and Beverly Blair Harzog
- Simple Numbers 2.0 – Rules for Smart Scaling: A Play by Play Analysis for Pure Growth by Greg Crabtree
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.