Topher Morrison is the CEO of Topher Communications, a brand agency specializing in helping business owners develop their ideal pitch. He is also an Advisor at Fathom, a software company that has created video recording, transcription, and note-taking software for Zoom.
As the author of multiple books, Topher helps entrepreneurs achieve tangible, proven strategies to become influencers in their company, network, or industry. With over 35 years of experience as a professional speaker in the US, UK, Australia, and Singapore, he has earned a global reputation as an expert in mass communications. Topher has held speaking engagements for top executives with American Express, Microsoft, and Google, among others.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What is the difference between public and professional speaking?
- Topher Morrison’s system for speaking to various audiences
- How to deliver a simple yet powerful pitch
- What is the party pitch, and how does it establish authority?
- Reaching customers and solving their problems through precise communication
- The value of identifying your “why”
In this episode:
When asked, “What do you do for a living?” many entrepreneurs reply with a vague or over-complicated response, causing confusion. Alternatively, while some business owners may deliver a clear and compelling pitch, they often lack the awareness to ensure consistency each time. Today’s guest offers exclusive pitch systems to gain authority and establish yourself in your industry.
As a professional speaking veteran, Topher Morrison says that the strongest business pitches are rehearsed and delivered with confidence. He has developed a process with a consecutive structure for every variation and occasion, including parties and elevator or sales pitches. An elevator pitch is an initial proposition involving a simple and clear explanation that builds interest. Communicating a pitch at parties entails demonstrating credibility and expertise through practical examples and communicating how you can solve a universal issue. Sales proposals convey a deeply personal motivation for your work.
In this episode of Systems Simplified, Adi Klevit hosts Topher Morrison, CEO of Topher Communications, to discuss creating a winning business pitch. Topher explains the difference between personal and professional speaking, his process for speaking to diverse audiences, and best practices for the five types of pitches.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Topher Morrison’s Website | LinkedIn
- The Book on Public Speaking by Topher Morrison
- “Step-By-Step Processes for Writing an Authority-Building Book With Anna David” on Systems Simplified
- Anna David on LinkedIn
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Key Person of Influence: The Five-Step Method to become one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry by Daniel Priestley
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.