David Baer is the Creative Partner and Co-owner of The Prepared Group, a strategy-first marketing consultancy. He is a veteran direct response marketer who started his career at the dawn of email marketing selling classical music subscriptions online. Since then, David has served as the marketing director for three wine importers, the founder of a Facebook advertising agency, and a trusted marketing consultant for more than 20 wineries. He is also the author of several books, including Small Business Email Marketing (Part One): How Small Businesses Can Grow Their Lists And Increase Profits With Smart Email Strategies.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How David Baer got into marketing and his transition to the wine industry
- Does email marketing still work?
- The right way to leverage email marketing for your business
- How to set up a simple email marketing system
- David’s strategies for creating effective email newsletters, managing email lists, and sending lead magnets
- David gives an example of an email sequence for a painting contractor — and shares some common email marketing mistakes
- What should you do after the completion of a short-term email nurture sequence?
- How to use email marketing automation to promote upsells and cross-sells
- David’s book and how to sign up for his email newsletter
In this episode:
Did you know that email marketing is still one of the best marketing methods for generating sales? That’s because it can help a business build a community of loyal customers, increase upsells and cross-sells, and so much more.
According to David Baer, email marketing is so effective because it’s an intimate way for businesses to communicate with their prospects and customers. As he says, it allows businesses to create personalized messages that spark one-on-one conversations with consumers. What’s more, email marketing has continued to grow over the years as the number of people who regularly use their email accounts has increased. This has created unmatched opportunities for brands to market and promote their businesses more efficiently and successfully.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit interviews David Baer, the Creative Partner and Co-owner of The Prepared Group, about his tips for setting up a simple email marketing system. David also explains how to use email segmentation, shares strategies for creating high-converting email newsletters, and talks about building short-term, long-term, and evergreen email sequences. Stay tuned.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- The Prepared Group
- The Prepared Group’s Predictable Revenue Checklist
- David Baer on LinkedIn
- Small Business Email Marketing (Part One): How Small Businesses Can Grow Their Lists And Increase Profits With Smart Email Strategies by David Baer
- Small Business Email Marketing (Part Two): The Small Businesses Guide To Getting More Opens, Reads, & Clicks From Every Email That’s Sent by David Baer
- Ken Cook on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.