Patrick Valtin is the CEO of HireBox, an exclusive pre-hire assessment platform that accurately evaluates an applicant’s job-related soft skills. He is also a talent acquisition and retention consultant who has trained over 140,000 business owners on hiring, management, business strategies, leadership, and sales. Additionally, Patrick is the best-selling author of No-Fail Hiring 2.0 and Taking Off the Mask and a world-renowned public speaker on the subject of recruitment branding strategy. With over 30 years of business experience, Patrick has helped more than 5,000 small businesses hire great people.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Patrick Valtin talks about the importance of having good systems for your hiring process
- The most common problem employers face with talent acquisition: subjectivity
- Patrick’s advice for removing a candidate’s “mask” during the interview process
- The most important soft skill to look for when hiring and Patrick’s tips for determining if a candidate is honest
- Why are many companies hesitant to use assessment tests?
- The value of evaluating a candidate’s soft skills during the hiring process
- How Patrick’s pre-selector test helps employers improve their happiness index
- Patrick’s thoughts on candidates who change jobs in less than six months
- The different types of tests provided by HireBox and how they compare to other assessments on the market
In this episode:
Did you know that every business is legally required to have a good hiring process? Many small business owners don’t take the time to create effective talent acquisition systems, but this could end up costing them — in more ways than one.
According to Patrick Valtin, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) can take action against your company if it finds out that you don’t have fair and documented hiring systems in place. Therefore, taking the time to develop an efficient hiring process can save you a lot of frustration in the form of lawsuits or fines. But, this isn’t the only way that recruiting systems can save your business. As Patrick says, incorporating more steps into your talent acquisition process can help you boost your team’s performance, improve your company’s happiness index, and much more.
In this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast, Adi Klevit is joined by Patrick Valtin, the CEO of HireBox, to talk about the importance of implementing systems in your hiring process. Patrick discusses the common mistakes recruiters make when hiring new talent and shares his advice for evaluating a candidate’s honesty and soft skills. He also explains why it’s important to have a standard hiring process for all candidates.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- HireBox’s Pre-Selector Test
- Patrick Valtin on LinkedIn
- No Fail Hiring 2.0: How to Attract, Select and Recruit Your Best Employees in an Overly Competitive Market Place! by Patrick Valtin
- Taking Off the Mask: How to Avoid Hiring Dishonest Employees Who Could Ruin Your Business by Patrick Valtin
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.