Augusto Carneiro is the Founder and Chief Friendship Officer of Nossa Familia Coffee, an Oregon-based roaster that aims to deliver exceptional farm-direct coffee and create positive relationships locally and globally. Augusto’s family has been growing coffee in the highlands of Brazil since the 1890s, and he founded Nossa Familia to bring his family’s coffee to Portland.
Initially, all of Nossa Familia’s coffee was imported from his family’s farms, which remain at the core of its direct coffee trade model. Over time, the company has developed deeply rooted relationships with coffee growers around the world.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Augusto Carneiro shares how he founded Nossa Familia Coffee
- What does Augusto enjoy most about owning a business?
- The inspiration behind “chief friendship officer”
- How Augusto implemented processes to facilitate Nossa Familia’s growth
- Initiating difficult conversations and overcoming the challenges of delegating tasks
- Augusto talks about giving back through the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
In this episode:
Successful businesses require strategic processes for task delegation, goal-setting, and growth. While some entrepreneurs excel at these responsibilities, others are more creative and struggle to implement the right systems, remain assertive, and follow through with their practices.
Augusto Carneiro falls under the second category of entrepreneurs. As a creative visionary and people-pleaser, he values the freedom to develop new ideas and tends to delegate tasks too quickly. Yet, systems don’t have to be constraining, and after hiring a process-oriented COO, Augusto found that adhering to a regular schedule allows for further flexibility. It’s also crucial to develop sound business goals and values so that you can delegate tasks with authority and intention and provide constructive feedback confidently.
Tune in to this episode of the Systems Simplified podcast as Adi Klevit welcomes Augusto Carneiro, Founder and Chief Friendship Officer of Nossa Familia Coffee, to talk about the benefits of processes for business growth, flexibility, and confidence. Augusto shares the inspiration behind “chief friendship officer,” how he implemented systems to facilitate Nossa Familia’s growth, and how he initiated difficult conversations and overcame the challenges of delegating tasks.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Adi Klevit on LinkedIn
- Business Success Consulting Group
- Augusto Carneiro on LinkedIn
- Augusto Carneiro’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nossa Familia Coffee
- Nossa Familia Coffee on Instagram
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
- Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less by Cameron Herold
- The Second in Command: Unleash the Power of Your COO by Cameron Herold
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman and Greg Mckeown
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High by Kerry Patterson et. al
- Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- “Processes for Unleashing the Power of Your Second in Command With Cameron Herold” on Systems Simplified
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Business Success Consulting Group.
At Business Success Consulting Group, we create custom processes and tailor-made management systems so businesses can thrive.
Businesses simply can’t survive without workable systems and well-documented processes. That’s why our team of experienced professionals takes care of it for you.
We provide business owners, entrepreneurs, and key executives with strategic implementation, process improvement and documentation, and long-lasting systems necessary to support business expansion.
So, what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor, and cut the chaos out of your business.
Visit bizsuccesscg.com today or email email@example.com to schedule a free consultation.